Recipe by Brisket in Roses
These are extremely easy, and soooo good.
Top Review by I Cook Therefore I Am
We really liked these! I did this a little differently. We don't like corn tortillas so I just pan fried the mashed potatoes for a few minutes till crisp and browned and served on flour tortillas. We ate these with shredded cheddar, salsa, sour cream, and green onions. Great recipe for leftover potatoes thanks for sharing!
- 6 large potatoes
- 4 ounces queso fresco (mexican crumbly cheese)
- 3 tablespoons onions, chooped
- salt and pepper
- milk, if needed
- oil, for frying
- 2 dozen corn tortillas
- lettuce, julienned
- queso fresco, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes and peel. Heat oil for frying.
- Mash potatoes with a masher and mix with onions and the 4 ounces of queso fresco. (if mixture is too thick, add a little milk. mixture should be a little lumpy, but should not be as creamy as mashed potatoes.) Season with salt and pepper.
- Warm tortillas in microwave for about 15 seconds.
- Spoon potato mixture into tortillas and fry until golden on both sides.
- Serve and garnish with lettuce, queso fresco, and salsa.