Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are extremely easy, and soooo good.
Make and share this Tacos De Papa (Fried Potato Tacos) recipe from Food.com.
- Boil potatoes and peel. Heat oil for frying.
- Mash potatoes with a masher and mix with onions and the 4 ounces of queso fresco. (if mixture is too thick, add a little milk. mixture should be a little lumpy, but should not be as creamy as mashed potatoes.) Season with salt and pepper.
- Warm tortillas in microwave for about 15 seconds.
- Spoon potato mixture into tortillas and fry until golden on both sides.
- Serve and garnish with lettuce, queso fresco, and salsa.
We really liked these! I did this a little differently. We don't like corn tortillas so I just pan fried the mashed potatoes for a few minutes till crisp and browned and served on flour tortillas. We ate these with shredded cheddar, salsa, sour cream, and green onions. Great recipe for leftover potatoes thanks for sharing!
Yummy and cost like $3 to feed my family of 4. I mashed about 1tbsp of lite mayo into the potatoes in lieu of milk and crisped them on my griddle with a touch of butter instead of frying.
My niece is dating a boy who's mom is from Mexico and she makes potato tacos and she sent 2 home for me once and I thought I had died and gone to heaven! Well these are very close, there is still something missing and she won't tell me! but these are very very good. My niece eats them like his family does, with mayonaise, I almost wonder if that is the missing ingredient in the potatoes. Thanks for posting this easy and really good recipe. My family has decided we prefer these over meat tacos!