Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe comes from my favorite restaurant in Seattle...Agua Verde Cafe in the U district. Courtesy of $40 A Day with Racheal Ray.
- 1 lb halibut fillet
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped
Creamy Avocado Sauce
- 1 avocado, ripe
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon habanero sauce
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- To make Creamy Avacado Sauce:.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl (for a chunkier sauce) or place in a blender and blend until smooth.
- To make Tacos:.
- Spray a grill with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Season the fillets with lemon pepper and cook for approximately 15 minutes, turning once. Fillets should be white throughout and flaky but not overcooked.
- Place 1/4 lb. halibut over 3 (slightly stacked) heated tortillas.
- Add 1/4 cup cabbage and top with 1/4 cup creamy avocado sauce.
- Repeat the process for the remainder of the ingredients.
- Top with your favorite salsa.
The sauce for these Fish Tacos is amazing. I made the sauce a day ahead and found my hubby happily scooping it onto tortilla chips, thinking it was a dip or appetizer. I stopped him just in time so that we had enough for the tacos! Two things I thought added to this recipe: fresh lime and cilantro. Those could have been in the restaurant's salsa, so I could see how these tacos must have been amazing at the restaurant. Thanks for posting!