La Marz's Note:
These are the "street vendor" type of tacos. They usually have them, either inside a basket wrapped in table cloths, or in a sort of metal or plastic "pail,", also wrapped in tablecloths. Delicious, but can be pretty greasy.... WARNING!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry the ancho chile in enough hot oil, and blend it in a blender.
- 2In a medium saucepan, heat enough oil (or lard) to almost cover the bottom of the pan, and add the beans to re-fry them, add the cheese and the chile.
- 3Mash them with a potato masher, and stir constantly to prevent from burning.
- 4Turn the heat off, when the beans are creamy and have boiled.
- 5In each tortilla (previously softened in a microwave, to prevent the bottoms from breaking), add a tablespoon, or you desired amount, of beans, and fold them in half.
- 6Cut aluminum squares, big enough to hold 3-4 tacos.
- 7Wrap them, and put them in a "tamales" pot, or put a bowl, face-down, on the bottom of the pot, so that tacos don't get wet.
- 8Put enough water in the bottom, being careful not to get the tacos wet (again!). Turn on the heat (low-medium) for about 15-20 minutes.
- 9Serve them with the chopped cabbage and the salsa.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tacos Al Vapor De Frijol / Steamed Bean Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.9
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 59.5 mg
- Sodium 799.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: