In the southwest and Mexico, there are little stands serving tasty meat, wrapped in a corn tortilla and topped with salsa. The Taquerias serve the best Tacos Al Carbon. This is a pretty authentic recipe for these tasty little tacos. It is flank steak marinated with all the flavours of Mexico. The avocado salsa is a great side dish by itself, but is excellant as a filling for the tacos. It does need to marinate for 4-6 hours. Don't forget the cerveza with lime!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Meat and Marinade
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steaks
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 limes, juice of
- 1 lemon, juice of (juice of both lemon and lime should equal 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- seasoning salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1Lightly sprinkle meat with seasoning salt.
- 2Cut into 3-4 large pieces.
- 3Mix lime and lemon juices, garlic, cilantro, and olive oil.
- 4Place meat and marinade in plastic bag or plastic bowl.
- 5Marinate 4-6 hours, turning occasionally.
- 6Discard marinade.
- 7Grill meat over medium heat@ 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 8Cook steak until desired doneness, the 15 minutes over medium heat creates medium done steak.
- 9Cut into strips and serve in corn tortillas.
- 10Top with 1-2 Tbl.
- 11of Avocado salsa.
- 12While meat is cooking chop up ingredients for Avocado salsa, sprinkle with lime juice and seasoning salt.
- 13I leave avocado pits in mixture to prevent discoloration.
- 14To warm tortillas you may wrap them in foil and place on grill or wrap in paper towels and microwave for 30-45 seconds.
- 15Sprinkle with a small amount of water if tortillas are very dry before warming them.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tacos Al Carbon with Avocado Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 896.6
- Calories from Fat 565
- Total Fat 62.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 133.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.8 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 43.1 g