Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These tacos are served at Ninfa's restaurants. Although a chain now, the original restaurant on Navigation Street in Houston can not be duplicated for ambiance and quality of the food. These tacos are easy to make, and are delicious. The prep time includes an hour of marinating.
- 1 lb beef steak (your favorite kind)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- flour tortilla (fresh is best, if you can make them or get them)
- salsa or pico de gallo (your favorite)
- Make marinade with orange juice, pineapple juice, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce.
- Marinate steak in the marinade at least one hour.
- Grill the steak medium rare, brushing with the marinade.
- When done, cut the steak into small cubes.
- Place a row of steak cubes near the edge of a tortilla, and roll it up.
- Grill tortilla with meat for one minute on each side until the tortilla is piping hot and a little browned.
- Serve with salsa, pico de gallo, rice and beans.
I thought the marinade was very good and my daughter liked the meat. My husband said so-so. I think his taste buds have shriveled up. But in fairness to him I have given this 4 stars. Thanks for posting this PanNan!
A Texas now in Colorado, these are just like I remember! I love these! Reminds me of home.
These were good. I never thought about the juices before, i usually just do lime juice. This was different and good. Thanks!