Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is how we enjoy tacos! You can use my Taco Seasoning - Budget Friendly Seasoning for Tacos, Burritos.., 166030. I am very bad about measuring and recording exact amounts. Needless to say, I am very nervous about making this recipe public. Please taste the finished product and adjust to your liking.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 white onion, choppe
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning or 7 teaspoons taco seasoning, Taco Seasoning - Budget Friendly Seasoning for Tacos, Burritos..
- 3⁄4 cup water or 3⁄4 cup beer
- 8 fresh cilantro stems, minced (optional)
- 1 pinch sugar (optional)
- lettuce, shredded (optional)
- cheese, shredded (optional)
- tomatoes, seeded and chopped (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- sliced jalapeno (optional)
- leftover corn (optional)
- leftover beans (optional)
- leftover rice (optional)
- avocado (optional)
- Cook meat, onion, garlic and cilantro stirring often til meat is no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Add seasoning and 3/4 cup water or beer to meat mixture and stir to blend. Only use beer if you like beer! lol You could also use half beer and half water. DH always comes in and adds a glug or two from his can behind my back so I never know exactly how much is in there! grrrr.
- Simmer til liquid has evaporated.
- Serve with desired toppings. Get creative! Use what you like!
- This can fill tortillas, corn or flour, or be used to top corn or tortilla chips. When I make this I make a taco salad on my plate, dd makes that or some tacos and dh always makes nachos putting only cheese on top and microwaving til the cheese is melty. To each his own! I get three different meals with one skillet! Happy mama!
LOVE THIS! Such a great twist on the plain ol' taco meat. I feed very picky eaters, and I've had 4 requests for this in less then 2 weeks! The beer is so different, and gives it a great added flavor!
I was so happy to find a good recipe for tacos. I made these and my BF loved them. I liked that the onions, cilantro and garlic all cooked with the beef before adding the seasoning. I topped with lettuce, cheese, sour cream and salsa. Thank you for posting.
This is how I have made my tacos for a very long time. It makes a very quick dinner that is economical and enjoyed by adults and kids alike. I used Taco Seasoning Mix By Opal Fitzgerald for the seasoniung packet. The shells were blue corn and the toppings were grated longhorn cheese, shredded lettuce and picante sauce. Thanks Mama for posting.