Recipe by keen5
This is very good! It is a combination of a taco and a burrito. I got this from the Colorado Cache cookbook. Prep time approximate. Cook time does not include making the white sauce.
Top Review by Mandanagans
This was pretty good and very easy. To me, these seemed more like "enchilitos" because of the creamy sauce and baking them :). My husband loves cheese so I added some mexi-cheese blend to the sauce and meat mixture. Thank you for a clever weeknight dish!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups prepared white sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped mild green chilies
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 12 white flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add chili powder, garlic, salt and onion.
- Combine white sauce, sage, oregano, cumin and chiles.
- Simmer over very low heat until warm.
- Reserve 1 cup sauce and 1 cup grated cheese.
- Mix remaining sauce and cheese with meat, lettuce and tomatoes.
- Place this mixture in tortillas, roll and place seam side down in a flat ungreased baking dish.
- Top with reserved sauce and cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.