Top Review by invictus
This is quite good and was enjoyed by my whole family. It makes a lot! I had enough filling to make a 13 x 9 pan AND an 8X8 pan. The addition of the pork sausage really is excellent and makes this very tasty.
- 2 -3 cups texas red enchilada sauce (1 batch Texas Red Enchilada Sauce)
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup refried beans
- 8 -12 flour tortillas
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare enchilada sauce as directed - leave in pan, set aside.
- Crush tomatoes, add chilies and onion. Mix well.
- Brown sausage, ground chuck and chopped onion in a large skillet. Drain excess fat. Add green chili sauce and refried beans, mix until blended.
- Prepare a 13 x 9 dish by placing a thin layer of the enchilada sauce on the bottom to prevent the food from sticking.
- Fill each tortilla with approximately 1/3 cup of filling, top with shredded cheese. Roll up tortilla cigar fashion and place seam side down in dish.
- Top with the remaining sauce, sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve with topping and sour cream if desired.