1 hr 15 mins
Divalicious *808*'s Note:
It's a mini taco! Spiced ground beef & cheese enclosed in a crunchy shell. Use whatever combination of meat & cheese you like. This is what I had on hand. Filling to wrapper ratio is not approximate. If you have extra of either just freeze for later use. Prep time includes refrigeration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown ground beef & drain.
- 2Add taco seasoning & salsa. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat & let cool. Refrigerate for 30 minutes (mixture is easier to work with after being refrigerated). Not necessary, but works for me.
- 3Add shredded cheese & green onion. Mix well.
- 4Lay out six wrappers at a time & keep the rest under a damp paper towel to prevent from drying out.
- 5Fill each wrapper with about a tablespoon of filling (don't overstuff).
- 6Dampen the edges of wrapper with water or egg wash. Fold over forming a triangle.
- 7Push out any air and pinch edges to properly seal.
- 8These may be frozen at this point. Lay on a tray in a single layer. Freeze. Then transfer to a freezer bag. When ready fry from frozen.
- 9Heat oil in deep fryer or can shallow fry in skillet until golden brown and crisp.
- 10Serve immediately with extra salsa & sour cream for dipping.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Won Ton's
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 34.7
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 44.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat Mexican cheese blend