Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Balabuste's Choice cookbook; posted by request. The cookbook just said "1 package" for the lettuce and cabbage ... I THINK they're 12 oz. I'm not 100% certain that the carton of tomatoes is a pint, or that the chips are exactly six ounces -- the cookbook just said "chips" -- but it's a salad, so you can really just toss in however much you want of anything!
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1 (12 ounce) package romaine lettuce (shredded)
- 1 (12 ounce) iceberg lettuce (shredded)
- 1 (12 ounce) package purple cabbage (shredded)
- 2 -3 avocados (peeled and cubed)
- 1 cup mild salsa, sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 ounces chips (taco or tortilla)
- cherry tomatoes (to garnish salad)
- Slice peppers and onions into very thin strips.
- Mix all vegetables, except cherry tomatoes. Mix salsa sauce with mayonnaise until smooth. Pour mixture over vegetables.
- Sprinkle chips over salad. Garnish with tomatoes.