Recipe by MariaCBarton
These burgers are a great alternative to beef, are super easy to throw together, and freeze extremely well! I make 2 batches at a time and freeze them for quick lunches/dinners. Convenient tip: Arnold Sandwich Thins also come 8 in a pack and can be frozen, so you'll have just enough for your burgers!
- 20 ounces ground turkey breast
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (or diced jalapenos if you like spicy!)
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and combine with a fork (don't over mix).
- Scoop out turkey mixture by rough 1/3 cup onto wax paper lined cookie sheet, adjust as needed. You should end up with 8 equal mounds.
- Form each mound into a patty.
- Cook in a skillet over medium heat or grill, approximately 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through (completely opaque in center).
- Serve with your favorite toppings on an Arnold Sandwich thin.
- FREEZING DIRECTIONS: with patties equally spaced on cookie sheet, place into freezer for about an hour.
- Once solid, place each burger in its own zip lock bag.
- Place all burgers in a gallon zip lock bag or air tight container and store in the freezer.
- Place frozen patties in refrigerator to thaw overnight or during the day, or sit out on the counter an hour or so before dinner (they thaw pretty quickly).
- Cook as directed above.