Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Seasoned with dry spices and sour cream, baked and topped with shredded cheese, peppers and olives.
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen tater tots, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packagemccormick mild taco seasoning
- 2 -3 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese or 2 -3 cups cheddar and colby cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives, drained, sliced
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers, diced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, strips (optional)
- Pam cooking spray
- In bowl, mix sour cream and Taco seasoning mix.
- In large gallon zip lock bag, add half of the thawed tator tots.
- Add half of the sour cream seasoning mixture. Close bag and shake, shake, shake.
- Spray Pam onlarge flat baking tray with small sides.
- Preheat oven 425*.
- Empty plastic sack on baking tray on one side.
- Fill plastic sack with other half of tator tots and balance of sour cream seasoning mixture. Close bag, shake, shake, shake.
- Emply plastic sack on other side of baking tray.
- Bake 10 minutes. Take out of oven, turn the tots with spatula.Bake 10 minutes more. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and golden. Sprinkle sliced olives on one section, two kinds of peppers on other sections. Serve from tray with spatula.
These were really good. I only had about 1/2 bag of tator tots that I needed to use up. I adjusted the other ingredients as needed. Didn't have the peppers, but they were still yummy. Hubby and I snarfed them down in no time.
Good side dish with Mexican food when you're tired of rice and beans. This also would be good just as a snack.