Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Kids of all ages enjoy this and they are really easy and quick to make! You can omit the oven-warming at the end but my family prefers them better warmed and soft, you can double the salsa mixture if desired. Purchase the long hot dogs for this!
Top Review by bullwinkle
Was looking for something quick to fix for lunch so tried this recipe. We thought it tasted pretty good. We added jalapeno slices and chopped onions to ours otherwise made as written. Thanks Kittencal. Bullwinkle
- 8 large hot dogs
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- shredded lettuce
- 2 large firm tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the hot dogs in boiling water for about 5 minutes; drain.
- In a bowl combine beans with cheddar cheese and salsa; microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heat, stirring once.
- Spread the mixture on one side of EACH tortilla, then place the hot dog on top of the mixture.
- Sprinkle with shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, then roll up.
- Place each tortilla on a small baking sheet.
- Place in a 275 degree oven JUST to warm the tortillas slightly so that they are soft.