Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe on Y! Answers last week and finally tried it tonight. It did not disappoint. I used burrito size tortillas. I thought maybe that Taco Time's mixture is a little wetter, but the taste is spot-on! I used about 1/4 of a large onion and used a chopper. *Update - added some water as it was warming and it definitely helped. I didn't measure, but it was at least 4 T. Just add a little at a time.
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon minced garlic (1 clove)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Add all ingredients in a small dish and add to one pound of cooked lean ground beef (92/8 is great). Put some mixture on a warm tortilla, add shredded colby/jack cheese, chopped tomato, shredded iceberg lettuce and sour cream.
while it was good, it tastes about the same as the pre-made packets i usually buy. Family never noticed any difference, but i did,,,In my checkbook !! Back to pre-made packets
I have not tried this recipe yet but I will .. I worked at taco time for quite a while as a teen and I was that person that made the beef lol Yes they do add water .. also in the super sized meat seasoning package there was something in the mixture as a filler of sorts .. not sure may of been panko or something similar ..