Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
i was looking for a way to make crispy bean burritos just like taco time does and ran across this recipe on a blog. i added some minced onions for more zip and i like to make my own whole wheat four tortillas.
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 5 flour tortillas
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1⁄4 cup cheese
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Put 2-3 T. of beans on the end of a tortilla.
- Sprinkle with a little cheese and onions (if using).
- Roll up starting at the end with filling.
- Fry in oil for 15 seconds per side.
- Place on baking sheet
- Repeat until all burritos are rolled up on pan.
- Bake for 5-7 minute.
- Burritos can be put in a freezer bag before baking and frozen for future use.
These are yummy! I worked at Taco Time while in high school almost 20 years ago. The only thing we did differently (and it varies per franchise) is that we used an ice cream scoop to put the beans on the tortilla, rolled them up and then cut the ends off of the tortilla instead of rolling them up inside the burrito. We then deep fried them for 2 minutes. But I think I like the idea of baking them better.....Thanks for posting!
Quick, simple and soooo yummy!