Recipe by Mary Butterfield
I found this on the Miserly Mom's website and have cooked many times - my family loves it - especially my 11 year old!
Top Review by DreamoBway
My roommates and I made this last night. We decided it was just ok but could definitely be great with a few changes. We thought the dish would be over the top if the tater tots were crispy. Next time we'll put the salsa con queso over the meat & corn mixture and put the tater tots on top of that, keeping our eyes peeled to make sure they won't burn. I also thought it needed something to brighten up the flavor - maybe some cilantro or Rotel with lime. Thank you for posting. Can't wait to try it again with the changes.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (2 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa con queso
- 1⁄2 lb tater tots
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and onion together in skillet.
- Add taco seasoning and water and simmer according to package directions.
- In a 13x9 casserole dish spread taco meat on bottom of pan.
- Layer the corn on top of it.
- Then place tater tots in a single layer on top of corn.
- Spread the salsa con queso on top of everything.
- Cook in preheated oven for about one hour.
- Good with sourcream on top.