Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this on the Miserly Mom's website and have cooked many times - my family loves it - especially my 11 year old!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (2 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa con queso
- 1⁄2 lb tater tots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and onion together in skillet.
- Add taco seasoning and water and simmer according to package directions.
- In a 13x9 casserole dish spread taco meat on bottom of pan.
- Layer the corn on top of it.
- Then place tater tots in a single layer on top of corn.
- Spread the salsa con queso on top of everything.
- Cook in preheated oven for about one hour.
- Good with sourcream on top.
My roommates and I made this last night. We decided it was just ok but could definitely be great with a few changes. We thought the dish would be over the top if the tater tots were crispy. Next time we'll put the salsa con queso over the meat & corn mixture and put the tater tots on top of that, keeping our eyes peeled to make sure they won't burn. I also thought it needed something to brighten up the flavor - maybe some cilantro or Rotel with lime. Thank you for posting. Can't wait to try it again with the changes.
This was great! Very easy to prepare and a good flavor combination. I didn't have any salsa con queso, so I mixed a can of cheddar cheese soup with some salsa and it worked great. I used my convection oven and baked for about 40 minutes. Thanks for the great recipe!
WOW , This is good !! Even my picky DH loved it ab]nd said I could make it again ! I do think the 13x9 casserole dish is too large . I used an 11x7 , 2 quart casserole dish and it was just perfect !! The recipe does not say to drain the corn (I did) , otherwise I think there would have been too much liquid . This is VERY good and I will be sharing this one with all my friends at work !!! It is a great , easy to fix meal.