Recipe by Janae'
Messy so keep some paper towels handy to wipe those hands on.
Top Review by mistressfairy
i have seen this recipe on several different site and have been wanting to try them.this comming weekend im having a movie night and i plan on trying them out on my friends.i will post another rating after i make them.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 cups flour
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the butter, cream cheese, flour and 2 tsp of the taco seasoning mix.
- Mix with fingers until blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile, season ground beef with one full package of the taco seasoning mix.
- Add remainder of first packet to make it spicier.
- Cook meat according to directions on seasoning packet.
- Remove dough from refrigerator.
- Form dough into balls the size of a pecan.
- Flatten with hands and press into miniature muffin pans.
- There should be about 48 crusts.
- Fill each crust with about one rounded teaspoon of meat mixture.
- Bake at 350* for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut cheese slices into 1 inch squares.
- Remove pans from oven and top each tart with a cheese slice.
- Return to oven and bake for two minutes.
- Serve hot.