Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
Messy so keep some paper towels handy to wipe those hands on.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 cups flour
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese
- In a bowl, combine the butter, cream cheese, flour and 2 tsp of the taco seasoning mix.
- Mix with fingers until blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile, season ground beef with one full package of the taco seasoning mix.
- Add remainder of first packet to make it spicier.
- Cook meat according to directions on seasoning packet.
- Remove dough from refrigerator.
- Form dough into balls the size of a pecan.
- Flatten with hands and press into miniature muffin pans.
- There should be about 48 crusts.
- Fill each crust with about one rounded teaspoon of meat mixture.
- Bake at 350* for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut cheese slices into 1 inch squares.
- Remove pans from oven and top each tart with a cheese slice.
- Return to oven and bake for two minutes.
- Serve hot.
i have seen this recipe on several different site and have been wanting to try them.this comming weekend im having a movie night and i plan on trying them out on my friends.i will post another rating after i make them.
I'm afraid we didn't really like these. They were time-consuming to make and the finished product was really greasy. They took several minutes longer to bake than stated in the recipe (I didn't keep track), but I did get just about 48. The flavor was ok (I hesitated to add the extra taco seasoning to the meat, but it wasn't too much at all), but all that grease kind of overshadowed it.