Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is my favorite taco soup recipe! All the others I have tried include ranch seasoning, don't get me wrong I love ranch but I think it's just too much for this awesome soup! It also has a few diced potatoes and carrots. It is so hearty and delicious! We love it served over fritos with a dollop of sour cream!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can white beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, undrained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes or 16 ounces tomatoes, undrained
- 2 ounces taco seasoning, packets
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup abc noodles, small ones (optional) or 1⁄8 cup acini di pepe pasta (optional)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- sour cream
- Fritos corn chips
- Brown ground beef in a large pot, drain grease.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat to med and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender (make sure you do not cut them in chunks or it will take too long to cook, just dice them).
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over fritos and cheese, top with sour cream!
This was good and hearty, but needed more spice! Turned out like chili, with carrots.
This was Delish!! I made a few changes to it, based on what I had and what we like. I used Turkey instead of beef, I did not use the potato or carrots. I actually used Traditional Pasta Sauce instead of Tomato Sauce. Black beans instead of white, and plain lowfat yogurt instead of Sour Cream. I did a little healthy spin on it. I also added some re-fried beans to give it that extra taco spin and it thickened up nicely. This was a Wonderful soup, I shared the recipe with girls from work. Thanks so much for posting:)