Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
My wife wanted tacos the other day, so I threw some ingredients together and came up with the best tacos we had ever had.
- 1 lb ground beef (we use lean)
- 1⁄2 small white onion (chopped)
- 0.5 (1 1/8 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup sofrito sauce (available in the freezer section @ Wal-Mart and Kroger)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- lettuce (shredded)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- sour cream
- 8 taco shells
- Brown beef in medium skillet.
- Drain beef.
- For extra lean, rinse beef with hot water.
- While beef is draining place taco seasoning, sofrito, water and onion in skillet over medium low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add beef back to skillet and mix well.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Build your taco:.
- Place cheese in shell.
- Add meat.
- Sour Cream.
- Or build it your way.
Perfect, exactly like the way I usually make them. Thank you!