Prep 7 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 18 large pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup prepared taco sauce
- 4 ounces shredded taco cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Brown ground beef; drain if necessary.
- Add cream cheese and chili powder; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Toss shells with melted butter and fill with meat mixture.
- Arrange shells in a 9x13" baking pan.
- Pour taco sauce over each shell.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and top with shredded cheese; bake 10 minutes more or until bubbly.
- Serve with sour cream.
Great recipe and easy also.The only thing I changed was I used 3# ground beef,8oz. cream cheese and 1 pkg.taco seasoning mix.This filled 1 box of shells.I just covered with cheese and foil and baked 25 min.I forgot to set the sour cream out,but it was still good.It is also good warmed up next day.This is a keeper!
I actually knew how this recipe would turn out before I even made it. I've made it before only in my recipe when I add the shredded cheese, I also scatter crushed tortilla chips on it before the final bake time. My whole family just loves this and it seems like I make it every month.