Recipe by Shermm
I found this recipe in a magazine a couple of years ago and it is a favorite at our house. We love cream cheese so I usually add a bit more than what the recipe calls for. The original recipe says you can double it and freeze one pan for up to 90 days. I haven't tried that but if you do, let me know how it turns out.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese
- 12 large pasta shells
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- COOK BEEF.
- ADD TACO SEASONING AND PREPARE ACCORDING TO PKG DIRECTIONS.
- ADD CREAM CHEESE.
- COVER AND SIMMER UNTIL CREAM CHEESE IS MELTED.
- YOU CAN CHILL THE MEAT SO YOU CAN STUFF THE SHELLS EASIER.
- POUR SALSA IN THE BOTTOM OF A GREASED 9 X 13 IN PAN.
- WHILE THE HAMBURGER IS COOKING, COOK THE PASTA, DRAIN, TOSS WITH BUTTER.
- FILL EACH SHELL.
- PLACE IN BOTTOM OF PAN AND TOP WITH TACO SAUCE.
- COVER AND BAKE AT 350 FOR 30 MINUTES.
- UNCOVER,SPRINKLE WITH CHEESES AND CHIPS.
- BAKE 15 MINUTES LONGER OR UNTIL HEATED THROUGH.
- SERVE WITH SOUR CREAM, MORE SALSA, OR WHATEVER ELSE YOU THINK GOES GOOD WITH TACOS.