Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 16 large dried pasta shells, prepared according to package directions, rinsed and drained
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried black beans
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, divided (mild)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- sour cream (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Cook beef in large skillet until brown; drain. Add seasoning mix and water; cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until thickened. Add beans and 3/4-cup cheese; mix well. Spread 1/4-cup salsa over bottom of each of two 8-inch-square (2-quart) baking dishes.
- FILL pasta shells with beef mixture; place half of shells in each baking dish, filled side up. Spoon remaining salsa over shells. Cover one baking dish with plastic wrap, then wrap with foil. Label and freeze for up to 2 months.
- COVER remaining baking dish with foil. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with green onions and remaining cheese. Serve with sour cream.
- TO BAKE FROZEN SHELLS: Place baking dish in the refrigerator overnight. Preheat oven to 375°F Remove plastic wrap; recover with foil. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup sliced green onions and 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese. Serve with sour cream.
My hubby and I love these! They are fairly simple to make and taste great! I much prefer these to regular tacos.