Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have always loved stuffed peppers. This recipe is a slightly different take on the traditional stuffed pepper. This recipe is 3 points per serving for Weight Watchers. This recipe is core if you use fat free ingredients.
- 2 medium green peppers
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- Cut peppers in half lenghtwise and remove seeds.
- Cook in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium high heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add beans, tomato sauce and taco seasoning, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Place pepper halves in an ungreased 8 inch square pan.
- Fill with meat mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Top with sour cream, tomato, and cheese.
My husband and I both enjoyed this dish, but next time I think I would add some left over brown rice to the mix.It would still be core.