I came up with this version when I didn't have all the ingredients for another recipe. You can only adjust a recipe so much before it becomes a new recipe. You can add another can of broth if this is too thick to make it more of a soup consistency.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, undrainded
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄2 of a 1 lb.bag frozen corn
- tortilla chips (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- diced tomato (optional)
- Brown ground chuck and onion in a 5 quart Dutch oven.
- Drain if necessary.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Heat to boiling then reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer for 45-60 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with any combination of the optional ingredients.