Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
We use a lot of ground beef in our house. You can add more green chilies if you like. If you have leftovers use it for snack the next day for the kids.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans in chili sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons green chilies, diced
- tortilla chips
- monterey jack cheese, grated
- Brown beef; drain.
- Combine all ingredients except chip and cheese into a Dutch oven (large skillet).
- Heat to boil then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- To serve: crumble chips onto each plate top with a generous helping of stew and sprinkle with cheese.
Made this last night,exactly as recipe states, tasty,sure tastes like a taco too. Yummy stuff. Thanks for sharing.
This was just terrific!! So easy to assemble ahead of time and cook when needed. The taste was fabulous and it was great as a brunch main course. I can see this being done again. Thanks Charlotte J.
Great Stew !! I add a few T of Ranch Dressing Mix- the powder.