Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a hot, satisfying, quick meal. That is perfect for a tight budget. It isn't gourmet; but it does taste good and kids usually love it.
- 1 (1 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (12 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (12 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (12 ounce) can red beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can black beans
- 5 slices crumbled bacon
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 (1 lb) package flour tortilla
- Brown hamburger and drain fat.
- Open all the canned items and pour into large pot, or crock pot. DO NOT DRAIN! You want all the juices that are in the cans.
- Mix in taco seasoning and Ranch dressing mix.
- Add bacon, hamburger, and potatoes.
- Let simmer over med. to low flame until potatoes are soft.
- Serve with tortillas, sour cream and cheese!
I omitted the potatoes and served this over recipe#94151 Delicious!!
Delicious satisfying meal. A nice twist to taco soup. More like chili. I think it would also make a nice casserole topped with some cheesy cornbread. The only change I would make is in the directions. It did not tell you what to do with the taco seasoning and Ranch dressing mix. I just mixed it all in with everything else. I served this with grated cheese and sour cream. My family loved it. They all went back for seconds! Good job Tornadoes Three. I've added some photos.