Recipe by tootsie in Pacific Northwest, USA
This has been a family favorite for years. It's easy, quick and oh, so tasty! This is similar to looneytunesfan's with a few differences.
Top Review by Kyene
This was pretty tasty! My roommates were skeptical but they liked it. Served it with chips on the side that we scooped it up with. The only change I made was I used a bag of frozen corn and it worked out just fine. I'll be keeping this bad boy for those nights when we want something different with our ground beef. Thanks!
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup sliced ripe olive, drained or
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chili peppers, drained
- shredded lettuce
- tortilla chips, broken
- tomatoes, cut in wedges
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse under cold water. Drain again.
- In a 12-in. skillet on med. high heat cook ground beef and onion till meat is brown and onion tender.
- Stir in taco seasoning and cook for a few minutes.
- Turn down the heat, add water, bring to a boil, cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Uncover and add the pasta, corn, olives or black beans, 1/2 Celsius cheese, salsa and green chilli peppers.
- Stir together and pour into a casserole dish, cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Uncover, sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and bake until cheese melts.
- Serve with lettuce, chips, tomatoes and sour cream.