Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This has been a family favorite for years. It's easy, quick and oh, so tasty! This is similar to looneytunesfan's with a few differences.
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup sliced ripe olive, drained or
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chili peppers, drained
- shredded lettuce
- tortilla chips, broken
- tomatoes, cut in wedges
- sour cream
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse under cold water. Drain again.
- In a 12-in. skillet on med. high heat cook ground beef and onion till meat is brown and onion tender.
- Stir in taco seasoning and cook for a few minutes.
- Turn down the heat, add water, bring to a boil, cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Uncover and add the pasta, corn, olives or black beans, 1/2 Celsius cheese, salsa and green chilli peppers.
- Stir together and pour into a casserole dish, cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Uncover, sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and bake until cheese melts.
- Serve with lettuce, chips, tomatoes and sour cream.
This was pretty tasty! My roommates were skeptical but they liked it. Served it with chips on the side that we scooped it up with. The only change I made was I used a bag of frozen corn and it worked out just fine. I'll be keeping this bad boy for those nights when we want something different with our ground beef. Thanks!
I gave this recipe 4 stars. My future hubby and I liked the flavor of this recipe! When I made this recipe I doubled this recipe. I had some leftover spaghetti that I used for this recipe I'm not sure how much was left over. I wasn't sure if I was to drain the ground beef after cooking so I didn't. I left out the olives as my future hubby is the only ones who likes them. I added all the cheese to the casserole instead of topping as we don't care for cheese topped on things. I used medium salsa so I only used 1 can of green chili peppers which was spicy enough. We served this without the lettuce, tortilla chips, tomatoes, or sour cream. Overall this had great flavor. It was very soup, so I don't think I'd double this again. I think when I make it again I'll try the exact amount of spaghetti. I think also I drain the ground beef. So yes I will make this again! Thanks for posting a yummy recipe! Christine (internetnut)
I made this today with ground turkey. My kids and fiance just loved it. My girls asked if they could have it more often. Super easy!