Prep 7 mins
Cook 25 mins
Taco Spaghetti is an inspiration from the Souper Salad's hot bar that my husband just loves! This is a very kid pleasing dish that my family has requested me to make at least once a week. Very simple and cooks very fast! It truly is taco ingredients sitting on a bed of noodles. I have used all sorts of pasta on this dish and have found that spaghetti truly works best, especially the whole grains. Plus you don't have to use all the vegetables that I have given. They are optional. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 (12 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 1⁄4 ounces mild taco seasoning
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 small sweet onion (optional)
- lemon (optional)
- 1⁄8 cup cilantro (optional)
- 8 ounces light shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- Brown beef and add taco seasoning to mix.
- Follow the instructions on the taco mix to prepare the beef.
- Dice the tomato and add cilantro if you desire.
- Just a dash of salt and pepper, a small amount of lemon juice on the tomato.
- Dice onion and set aside.
- Take cooked spaghetti and place on platter.
- To make this dish very kid friendly, serve the taco meat on top of the spaghetti only and have everyone choose what sides they want on their entree. If you desire to make a nice presentation, add the ground beef on top of the spaghetti, then add the cheese.Then dollop or squeeze 3 table spoons of sour cream on top . Then add tomatoes and onions around the top but not over the sour cream. Sour cream can be bought in some grocery chains in squeezable bottles. If you don't have them in your area, and want to try squeezing it out verses dolloping it, either use a pastry bag with a fine tip or take a quart size baggie and add sour cream. Cut a small hole on the bottom edge to create a tip and squeeze out the sour cream. It can make great thin lines all over the entree for presentation and adds good flavor. Enjoy!