Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
In the newest issue of BH&G Easy Family Food
- 5 ounces packaged dried spaghetti or 5 ounces linguine or 5 ounces fettuccine, broken
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix (2 tablespoons)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese (4 ounces) or 1 cup cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced, drained
- 6 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup tortilla chips, broken
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- sour cream (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- In a 12-inch skillet cook ground beef or turkey and onion until meat is brown. Drain fat. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cooked pasta, corn, olives, half of the shredded cheese, the salsa, and chilies.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 2-quart round casserole. Cover and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Serve with shredded lettuce, tortilla chips, and tomato wedges. If desired, top with sour cream.
This was really good. Added a can of black beans so we didn't use as much meat. Used more salsa so that it would be more saucey and didn't have mexicorn. Hit at our house. Definate do again!
This was a very good, easy weeknight meal. I used ground turkey, and used elbow macaroni for the pasta. Leftovers were good reheated for lunch the next day.
We made this tonight and it was absolutely delicious and it made a ton of food. I changed it up a bit as I didn't have any taco seasoning in the house. I used about a TBL of chipotle chili powder and a couple of shakes of garlic salt. I also did not have any mexicorn so I used a can of whole kernel corn and added a bit more salsa. I was asked to put this in rotation. Thank you for such an easy and delicous meal idea.