Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is so good and easy to make and figure friendly. I love to make this on a cold day. My family all loves it.
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon louisiana hot sauce
- Brown meat & onion. Drain.
- In an 8 quart saucepan add cooked meat & the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Simmer for another 30-45 minutes.
- You can serve this with tortilla scoops. Delicious.
This recipe reminded me a lot of what they call "Mexican Firepot" here. It was easy and tasty, though I think I prefer regular chili. I like how the different beans give it a colourful look. Thanks! Made for Fall PAC 2012.
I had some venison in the freezer to use up. I made this as directed and we all enjoyed this for lunch. Made for Spring PAC 2011.