Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
great soup for a meal! You can also top this with baked tortilla chips.
Make and share this Taco Soup With Vegetable Juice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 4 cups v 8 vegetable juice
- 1 cup salsa
- 6 tablespoons tomatoes, chopped
- 6 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- In a large pit, cook the beef, onion and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water; cook and stir for five minutes or until liquid is reduced.
- Add V8 juice and salsa; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or unti heated through. Top each serving with 1 T tomato and cheese and 2 tsp green onions and sour cream. Top or serve with baked tortilla chips if desired.