Recipe by The Daycare Lady
From Fix It & Forget It
Top Review by Domestic Goddess
I have been making this soup for years, but use 1-1/4 lbs. of ground beef, to make the soup a bit heartier, plus I add 1/4 tsp. of the cayenne red pepper. And to make the soup less salty, I use a packet of Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix which has 25% less sodium. Also, this soup is very good without topping it with the taco chips, cheese, and sour cream. This definitely a 5 star recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, finely diced
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning, 1 packet
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 15 ounces kidney beans, drained 1 can
- 15 ounces corn, drained, 1 can
- 15 ounces pork and beans, 1 can
- 46 ounces tomato juice, 1can
- taco chips, crushed
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef and onion in skillet. Drain. Place in slow cooker.
- Stir in taco seasoning, brown sugar, and pepper. Add beans, corn, pork and beans, and tomato juice. Mix well.
- Cover. Cook on Low 4-6 hours.
- Garnish individual servings with taco chips, cheese and dollop of sour cream.