Recipe by Kayelem
Taco Soup recipe from WW Leader Stefani. I did not add the ff refried beans in the original recipe. I did add 1 large onion sauteed in 1 T of Canola Oil. 1 1/3 pounds of ground turkey breast is the standard size of the package at Harris Teeter (grocery store I normally shop), I think you could use anything between 1-2 pounds, but it would change the NI. Also, I rinse the beans and/or use the low sodium varieties of seasonings. The NI shown includes the full sodium versions of everything, but does not include the sodium of the seasoning mix. If you make the recipe "as is" it is very high in sodium for those that are sensitive to that.
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned pinto beans
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (1 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice onion and saute in oil until soft in large pot.
- Brown ground turkey in onion/oil.
- Add all other ingredients and simmer 30 minutes.
- To lower sodium rinse and drain beans and use low sodium versions of corn, seasonings mix, etc. I also use "Goya Sazon" seasoning which can be found in the Hispanic foods section. It really gives a nice flavor without a lot of heat. Great in stews, chiles, etc. (contains MSG though).