This is so easy I let my 2 year old son help prepare. You can also cook this in the crock pot on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (11 ounce) can white corn, niblets (undrained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans (undrained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans (undrained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans (undrained)
- 1 cup water
- 1 (11 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) packagehidden vally ranch dressing mix
- Brown meat with onion and drain grease.
- Add all ingredients to pot.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes to an hour.
I sort-of followed the recipe and we really liked this (even though we are not big beans eaters). I drained and washed the beans before using, so I added extra water to compensate. Since we don't like spice, I omitted the rotel tomatoes. Also omitted the ranch dressing because I didn't have it. Very easy to make and change to suit all palates!
I can't believe I haven't rated this! I make it all the time and LOVE it. I had taco soup once at work and had never even heard of it. I looked at this recipe and love it because I always have everything on hand. Substitutions are easily made... last time I didn't have black beans and the flavor didn't suffer at all. Can simmer a really long time without anything getting soggy too.
This was very easy to make, and turned out great! I spent a little extra time shopping for the ingredients, reading labels of the canned items to find the lowest possible sodium content... well worth the time! I was even able to find lower sodium taco mix! The only thing I changed was the addition of 1 large garlic clove (minced). I will definitely remake this! My husband suggested a crunchy topping the next time I make it - I'll try some crushed tortilla chips.