1/2 Photos of Taco Soup (Paula Deen)
1 hr 15 mins
Paula Deen's version of Taco Soup. As with most of the other things I have watched her make on the Food Network, this is easy to make and delicious! I ran to the market to buy all the cans of goodies to make this immediately.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 (4 5/8 ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup green olives, sliced (optional)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- corn chips, for serving
- sour cream, for garnish
- grated cheese, for garnish
- chopped green onion, for garnish
- sliced jalapeno, for garnish
- 1Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet; drain off excess fat and transfer browned beef and onions to a large slow cooker or stockpot.
- 2Add the beans, corn, tomatoes (I like to mash all of the tomato products before I put them in the stockpot--sometimes there are very large chunks of tomatoes, especially in the stewed tomatoes), green chilies, black olives, green olives, taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix.
- 3Simmer over low heat for about 1 hour (or 6-8 hours on low setting in crock pot).
- 4To serve, place a few corn chips in each bowl and ladle soup over them.
- 5Top with sour cream, cheese, green onions and jalapeños.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Soup (Paula Deen)
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.3
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 1021.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 26.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ranch dressing mix