1/1 Photo of Taco Soup (Oamc)
I found this recipe at a Pampered Chef "Power Cooking" show. It was served there and was so good. I came home and made it as part of my OAMC. It was great, even after being frozen. For my family, I make the whole recipe and then halve it when I put it into my freezer. Each bag makes about 6-8 servings, so this recipe will feed my family multiple times. Cook time doesn't include the cooling time before freezing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs fresh lean ground beef
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) taco seasoning, packet
- 1 (1 ounce) Hidden Valley Ranch dip, packet
- 2 (11 ounce) cans corn, undrained
- 4 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- grated monterey jack cheese, and or cheddar cheese
- 1Brown the meat with the onions in an 8-qrt stockpot.
- 2When cooked all the way through, add remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- 3Eat now if you are not freezing it. Top with grated cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, etc.
- 4If freezing, let cool completely and pour into freezer bags. First mark the bags with "Taco Soup, Reheat to Serve" and the date.
- 5I usually let the bag partially thaw, enough to get it out of the bag and then heat over low until warmed through.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Soup (Oamc)
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.2
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 821.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Hidden Valley Ranch dip