Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I combined a few of my favorite soup recipes to make my own version. We love this one in our house, and it's a great way to get my toddler to get veggies & protein in one swoop! :)
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- low-sodium taco seasoning, 1 packet
- ranch dip mix, 1/2 packet
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium beef broth
TOPPINGS OF CHOICE
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- Fritos corn chips
- Brown ground turkey or beef until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning according to package instructions. (Tip: I do this ahead of time and freeze it to thaw for recipes like this one :)).
- In a large saucepan, combine cooked ground turkey/beef, beef broth, mixed veggies, rotel, and ranch dip mix. Stir well.
- Cover, simmer for 15 minutes, and serve with toppings of choice.