Recipe by Tonkcats
Like a taco in a bowl!
Top Review by knitaholic
Liked how the flavors in this combined. Definitely good for a cool day. It's also very easy to add small bowls of soup toppers to suit different tastes. I served this with cheese quesadillas for my kids who seemed to like this, as they felt it wasn't too spicy.
- 1⁄2 lb beef, ground or 1⁄2 lb turkey, ground, ground
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 small avocado, seeded, peeled, and chopped
- to taste four-cheese Mexican blend cheese or to taste cheddar cheese, shredded
- to taste corn chips or to taste tortilla chips
- to taste sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cook ground meat and onion until meat is browned; drain off any fat.
- Add water, undrained tomatoes, undrained kidney beans, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning mix. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add avocado.
- Pass cheese, corn or tortilla chips, and sour cream to top each serving.