Recipe by operababe_61
This is a soup recipe you make in your high speed blender (Vitamix, Blendtec, or similar.) I've been tweaking the Taco Soup recipe on the Vitamix web site for weeks now and I've finally come up with my favorite version. It's delicious, super healthy, and easy to make before you head out the door for a busy day.
- 1 roma tomato
- 1 carrot (not peeled)
- 1 green onion (only the roots cut off)
- 1 celery rib
- 3 tablespoons canned black beans
- 3 tablespoons canned corn
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning (I use the hot and spicy one)
- 1 1⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 -4 slices avocados
- 1⁄4 cup shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup multigrain tortilla chips
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all ingredients on high for 5 minutes. If you're using a Vitamix the soup will be steaming after 5 minutes - no need to heat this up on the stove after blending!
- Turn power down to level 4 and add a handful of multigrain tortilla chips (black bean and guacamole flavored chips have been really yummy too.) Blend for 10 seconds.
- If desired, turn down to level one and add some cooked chicken. This is a good way to make the soup more substantial and filling. You can also add some more beans and corn if you want the soup to be chunkier. Add salt and pepper to taste if necessary.
- I love this recipe because it's fast, it's delicious, it's 75% raw vegetables so I feel like I'm being super healthy, and I can put it in a thermos and drink it on the go.