Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy and thats why I like it. Everyone that tries this wants the recipe. I know there are many versions of this out there but this is the one I grew up with and I am sticking with it. It's just so darn Yummy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 diced onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans hominy
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can chicken broth (Gluten Free)
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans ranch style beans
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans Rotel diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning (Gluten Free)
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- Brown meat in extra large pot and do not drain the meat. You need all the space for the soup.
- You will want to cook the diced onion and garlic into the meat before adding all the other ingredients.
- Open all cans and packages and dump them into the pot with the meat.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 hour.
- Makes great left overs and freezes wonderfully.
My husband (who isn't GF) and I loved it! We'll make it again and again! I didn't use the pre-packaged ranch dressing, so I found a recipe (GF) here on food.com and simply added the ingredients directly to the soup. We garnished with sour cream. I didn't have hominy, but I did add rice. It was thick and warming like chili.