Recipe by Kathy Strickland
This is a great recipe to throw in the crock pot also. We like to use it for pot luck at work.
Top Review by Christina1
I made this recipe for a family the other day, thought the kids would really like it. Just did it on the stove and couldn't believe how easy it was - and how yummy! I only added one can of beans, and it seemed like enough for them. I made it last night for my husband and I - and he just absolutely loved it! It is sort of like chili - but not. It really is a taco in a bowl. We put the corn chips on the bottom and then topped the soup with cheese and sour cream. It is very filling and satisfying - and so easy and delicious - all the right ingredients. Next time I will try it in the crockpot!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 (16 ounce) cans beans (kidney, navy and white beans are good together)
- 1 (16 ounce) can white corn (juice and all)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef and onions together, drain and rinse.
- In a large sauce pan, add beef mixture with other ingredients.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- When serving, sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- I like to slice flour tortillas and fry them in a little hot oil and drain, and put them on top.
- Corn chips are good too.