Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious and quick soup (even if you are not on Weight Watchers). One cup of soup has 2 points, and recipe makes 12 cups.
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans (hot or regular)
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (8 ounce) candiced Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes (any flavor)
- Brown meat and onions and drain.
- Mix ranch dressing and taco seasoning into meat.
- Without draining, add all of the other ingredients.
- Simmer 1 hour.
SO easy! and a very delicious, healthy soup! more like a chili than a soup, really. i was skeptical about the ranch dressing packet but it was just right! made it twice - once with ground chicken, once with ground turkey. a serving size of only a cup doesn't seem like very much to me, so if you're planning this to serve to others you might want to take that into consideration. Also i didn't simmer for anywhere near an hour and if seemed to be fine to me. Everyone loved it - even the boys who insist chili isn't chili without lots of fatty beef! Thank you!!!
Really easy and good. I was in the mood for chili and found this recipe. A very nice change to chili. I topped it cheese, tortilla chips and sour cream. Husband said "you're such a good cook."
This was a wonderfully easy and delicious soup. I put it together the night before I served it, so all I had to do was let it cook for an hour. Because of personal preference I rinsed the can of pinto beans. I used frozen corn in place of the canned corn. I used a 10 oz can of Mexican diced tomatoes and a 15 oz can of diced tomatoes to make up for the lost liquid. This had a surprising amount of kick. Thanks for sharing.