Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a wonderful winter time meal. We usually eat off of this all weekend. Hope you enjoy.
- 2 lbs hamburger meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can hominy
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 -2 cup water or 1 -2 cup v 8 vegetable juice
- Brown meat with onions.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Simmer for 1-2 hours.
- Serve with grated cheese and chips.
This is a GREAT soup ~ chunky and spicy, and full of warming goodness! I used toni's idea and used recipe#102243 for the Ranch Dip Mix, and I used recipe#76616 for the Taco Seasoning (my fave). This was quick and easy to make for a weeknight dinner. Loved it! Made for SOUP'S ON ~ DIABETIC FORUM TAG, January 2010!
Oh loved this. I am on a personal mission to make all of your 250 + recipes. This soup is an utterly mooving taste sensation, with the absolutely brilliant use of hominy, beans, and Rotel. I also really liked the addition of the Ranch Dressing, as it gave undertones of smoothness that doesn't usually come with using taco flavoring alone. I used chopped Chocolate Congo Habanero's, a bit of chicken broth instead of the water, and 1/4 cup of V8. I would recommend this to anyone children and parents alike. Stupdendious, Nimz! Thanks! Made for your win in *Football* pool, Week 8 ~ Fall 2008
I added grated cheddar cheese and tortilla chips. Nicely seasoned.I had everything on hand yes even the hominy. I think sweet corn would be good in place of the hominy.I cut the cooking time in half.