Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from a good friend. It is so easy to throw together and makes enough to feed an army. Tastes great. It can be simmered in the crockpot if desired.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cans ranch style beans, undrained
- 1 can tomatoes, whole or diced, undrained
- 1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 envelope lawry taco seasoning
- 1 envelope hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- In a large pan or Dutch oven brown 2 pounds of ground chuck with 1 diced onion.
- To pan, add the Ranch Style Beans, tomatoes, Ro-Tel, and corn.
- Stir in the taco seansoning and Ranch dressing mix.
- Simmer 45 minutes.
Fantastic. This recipe is good all year round. I am making it tomorrow for my poor Daddy's lunch. He requested cornbread to go with it. My whole family loves this quick, simple, and inexpensive soup. Thanks, Angelic, for this super recipe. You can also use pinto beans or kidney beans, if you like. Black beans might be nice, too. Very healthy, fiberous dining.
This is my family's favorite winter meal. My husband loves it for football season. I have served it with rice and with Fritos. We top with cheese and sour cream. Yum!
I should specify that all canned ingredients should be added undrained. Thanks.