Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This Taco soup was served at a ladies luncheon I attended at a church function. It was very flavorful and I loved the crunch that the fritos gave to the soup. This recipe makes a big batch, but my husband has no problem finishing this up as leftovers again and again.
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans pinto beans
- 1 can white hominy
- cheddar cheese
- Fritos corn chips
- Brown meat and onion, then drain.
- Mix into meat mixture: diced tomatoes, Rotel, taco seasoning, ranch dressing mix, pinto beans, hominy, and one can of water.
- Simmer on the stove on low for about 2 hours or cook on low in the crockpot for several hours (I cook mine in the crockpot on low for 4 hours.) Place fritos in bottom of bowl, cover with the soup, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Allow the soup to stand for several minutes so that the cheese will melt on top of the soup.
- This soup is even better the next day!
This was so easy to make! It has a little kick to it, so my dh especially likes it. Thanks for a keeper!