Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 55 mins
You can add more taco seasoning to this soup if you like.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 diced onion
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- cheese, grated (optional)
- chips (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Brown hamburger and onions; drain off fat.
- Rinse and drain the 3 cans of beans and 1 can of corn.
- In a large Dutch oven, add all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer one hour.
- Top with cheese and serve with chips and sour cream.
Good alternative to the usual chili (and it is really more of a chili consistency). Very easy to prepare. DH and I both thought it could use a bit more seasoning, maybe more taco seasoning. And it does make A LOT (I will probably freeze some of it). Made this for Cook the 6-PAC fall 2007.