Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I got this recipe from a good friend. This is quick to throw together, inexpensive and I always have the ingredients on hand! I do throw in a can of rotel if I want to spice it up for adults and I throw in extra beans if I need to stretch a bit more!!
- 1 lb ground beef (browned)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole corn (don't drain)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (don't drain)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (don't drain)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (don't drain)
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix (Hidden Valley)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 small onion
- Pour all ingredients into crockpot. Cook on low - uncovered for 4-6 hours. Serve with fritos/tortilla chips, sour cream and shredded cheese.
I love a great bean taco soup, not a fan of putting the canned juice, of every canned bean in the pot, I like to put half, juice, half water,
Good and easy to make. I used petite diced tomatoes as I didn't have any crushed and I used white kidney beans insteand of pinto. I also drained all my cans expect for the tomatoes and cooked this on the stove top. This reheats well. I topped mine with some cheddar cheese.
We loved this soup. And it was so simple to make...I will make this again for sure. Made for PAC Spring 2012.