Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a very simple flavor-filled recipe that goes from prep to table in less than an hour.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 medium jalapenos, finely chopped
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 cups vegetable juice (V8)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (unseasoned)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed)
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn (rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 cups four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 cups sour cream
- tortilla chips (optional)
- Brown ground beef in an 8 quart stockpot.
- Add chopped ingredients and saute until onions are tender.
- Add beef broth, V8 juice, diced tomatoes, black beans, corn and spices.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with avocado slices, tortilla chips and sour cream. Top with four-cheese Mexican blend cheese.